This entire community is dedicated to gathering songs and music for 'soundtracking' the Draco/Hermione ship from the Harry Potter book series -- much like the LiveJournal communities fandomsounds and fanmix. If you've got a song that reminds you of D/Hr, post it up!
Follow these nifty step-by-step guides to figuring out your way around the Soundtrack.
Posting An Individual Song: 1) First of all, check the Huge MasterPost of Songs to make sure your song isn't posted yet. If it is, and you'd like to post your own interpretation of it, make sure to link to previous posts.
2) Secondly, upload your song of choice to your own server, or a free server such as YouSendIt or MegaUpload, preferably in a .zip file
3) Thirdly: complete this very simple form when posting the song in the community:
+ Name of Song: + Artist: + Link to Download: + File Size (MB): + Why This Song Reminds Me of D/Hr: + Lyrics: + Link to Original Post: (if your song had been listed before) (You may include additional information, such as an album title; possible plot bunnies for fanfics inspired by the song; links to existing fanfics the song relates to; a link to the band/singer's website; a maturity rating; etc. It's all up to you!)
Remember, all songs posted will be listed in the Huge MasterPost of Songs. =) However, listed songs will not be up for download.
4) Once you've posted your song, please reply to this post with a link to your entry. This is for archiving purposes. ^.^
Posting A Soundtrack: 1) Posting entire soundtracks has a slightly different process. First of all, you'd want to compile a few songs together (here on dhr_soundtrack, a soundtrack is FIVE or more songs).
2) Next. You might want to make cover-art for your soundtrack -- that is, replicating the art found on CD inlays and CD tray-cards for other shippers to print out. For more info regarding cover-art, check out the FAQ.
3) Zip up your soundtrack. Use programs like WinZip or WinRar.
4) Upload your zipped-up soundtrack of choice to your own server, or a free server such as YouSendIt or MegaUpload.
5) Now that you have your soundtrack uploaded, use this simple form to post it on the community:
+ Name of Soundtrack: + Link to Download: + File Size (MB):
+ First Song: + Sample Lyrics: ... continue with rest of soundtrack (You may include additional information, such as an album title; possible plot bunnies for fanfics inspired by the tracks; links to existing fanfics the soundtrack relates to; a link to band/singers' websites; a maturity rating; etc.)
6) Once you've posted your soundtrack, please reply to this post with a link to your entry. This is for archiving purposes. ^.^
Nifty Tip:This is an example of a soundtrack post. =) If you're curious, check out the posts in fandomsounds and fanmix to see more examples of how people post soundtracks. Some people prefer posting tracks individually, rather than one huge ZIP file.
1) Do not steal bandwidth. Upload everything to your own, or free servers (see Resources below). 2) Put all images/coverart behind LJ-Cuts. 3) Seperate soundtracks go in seperate posts -- if you have two or more soundtracks, put them in seperate posts. Rule applies to individual songs as well. 4) Kind of an unwritten rule, but this community is for songs for the D/Hr ship. Love triangles (D/H/Hr, D/Hr/Blaise) are tolerated, but not encouraged.
FAQs Need a question answered? Send it along to the FAQ! =)